Johan Kristoffersson takes home 2 wins and Ole Christian Veiby takes P3 and P4.
September 05, 2022
Taking his third win out of 3 races this season, Johan Kristoffersson seems to be somewhat unstoppable in the new all-electric Volkswagen Supercar. He won both races in Riga in this weekend, and secured his win number 30 overall in the World Rallycros Championship.
- Wonderful to take the 6th win here in Riga and 30th overall in World RX. A big thanks to the fans here in Riga for the great support.
- A maximum of 60 points so far is sweet music to my ears.
- Fantastic job from the mechanics and the fact that we are three high performing drivers also gives us an advantage.
Ole Christian Veiby emphasized the Volkswagen Dealerteam BAUHAUS success by finishing third on Sunday, his second podium finish of the season. The Norwegian-debutant finished just out of the podium after Saturday races with P4.
Ole Christian Veiby:
- Lots of positives to take from this event. Two podium finishes so far this season is really good bearing in mind that I have not done very much rallycross lately.
- Pole position in the final was really useless. It was wet on the inside, but my driving was good and I managed to make my way up the field.